Tuesday 17 January 2012

Lessons I Learned: Smooth Talking Tweens or Heeding Grandmother

My Grandmother always said, 
"Tommy, legyen óvatos a sima beszéd tizenkét éves korosztály!" 


Mary Curko heed her.


Roughly translated it means: Tommy, smooth talking 12 year olds...be wary of them.

I should have heeded my Grandmother more for recently I was asked by a rather smooth talking 
12 year old named Grace Feiler to come into her classroom and, I quote, “take a few pictures of our class.”

The “few shots” evolved into this full on production for Holy Name School and the Toronto Star’s documentary project called “For This I Give Thanks.”
Myself and a dedicated crew of six hardworking Grade 7 and 8 students shot the video seen HERE.







Lessons learned: Be cautious of smooth talking 12 year olds and listen to your Grandmothers.


(Vance Schritter was the editor who was also smooth talked by his own 12 year old.)